CLOUDWORK|PRO Criminal Background Check Policy
Who does CLOUDWORK|PRO background check?
Every technician in CLOUDWORK|PRO’s network must pass a background check.
What does the background check cover?
We use a third-party vendor, GoodHire, to conduct a criminal records search in the state in which the technician works. Our third-party vendor is certified by the Fair Credit Reporting Act and uses a national criminal database (“NCD”) to screen service professionals. Businesses will not be admitted to the network if their owners or technicians have the following felonies in their available criminal records*:
- Assault/domestic violence/battery
- Child abuse
- Intimidation/terrorist threats
- Lewd and lascivious behavior
- Manslaughter/murder/homicide/vehicular homicide
- Sex offenses
Other felony convictions not listed above that occurred in the past seven years will prevent a technician from being admitted to the network.
Contracting without a license in the past seven years will also prevent a technician from being admitted to the network.
Our background check does not exclude technicians unless the crime at issue is a felony.
* The comprehensiveness of the NCD varies by state. Please be aware that the reporting in the NCD is particularly limited in the following states: AL, CO, DE, GA, ID, IL, KS, LA, ME, MA, MI, MS, MT, NE, NV, NH, NM, SD, UT, VA, VT, and WY.